Monday, November 8, 2010

For The Love Of...

So I've decided to resume blogging...


Current city: Jakarta. I guess everyone eventually gravitate towards home. I still complain about this city and I occasionally experience Tokyo-withdrawal BUT Jakarta's where I am. 


Funny thing is, I also returned to my former employer, Femina Group, where I now also resumed my work as Fashion Editor of Dewi magazine. I don't think any of this is coincidental. People ask me, so why did you go to Tokyo in the first place and waste all that time? I say, I found a new perspective. I'm glad that I went. I'm glad that I came back. Everything is how it's supposed to be. 


Anyways, I digress. The reason I wanted to start blogging again is because Jakarta is in the middle of its third fashion week, an annual event that Femina Group organizes with the support of various other sponsors and organizations. It is still in its infancy and there are of course much to be done and improved upon but I'm proud of it. I'm proud of our local talents, our local products...and aside from the grand, lofty ambition to put Indonesia in the global fashion map, I feel truly moved and inspired by the beauty that this country possesses. In spite of the natural disasters, the horrendous traffic jams, the poverty, the corruption; Indonesia is an innately beautiful country. 


So please, check out http://www.jakartafashionweek.co.id and @JKTfashion on Twitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment