Sunday, April 11, 2010

Ya Ya Ya

Thanks to all your enthusiastic response to my food entries, I now feel extra motivated to post more food pics. Brace yourselves, folks!

First is the chizu kare raisu (cheese curry rice) set I had for lunch last Thursday. Suki-ya is another chain restaurant similar to Matsu-ya and Yoshinoya--cheap, fast and yummy (just in case you're wondering, ya is Japanese for store. Hence, Kinokuni-ya, Ten-ya, etc etc). They sprinkle cheese on top of the hot kare so when you mix them all together you get mouthwatering, gooey goodness. 


Next are some of the more exciting stuff I found while treading along Ueno Park. Matsuri snacks always seem more inviting because of the festive atmosphere in general I guess. I wish I could've eaten more but the cheese curry rice was way too filling.
 

Doraemon & Hello Kitty-shaped batter cakes

Rainbow-sprinkled, chocolate-dipped Bananas

After Ueno Park, I met up with a friend in Shinjuku for Sushi! 

On Friday, we went around looking at apartments right after class. We didn't have lunch until about 3pm so we were STARVED! There was a Tonkatsu place right across one of the apartments we surveyed, which inspired us to stuff ourselves silly with some P-O-R-K! Thankfully, our agent knew this tiny place in Ikebukuro (right across Ootoya) that serves really good Tonkatsu. Just look at this:
 

Moving on...for dinner I had (what else?!) Omu-Rice in Apple Tree, this teeny-tiny basement restaurant in Harajuku. I ordered the Number 1--the Japanese always denote their most popular dish on the menu. I figured it would be the safe choice, especially considering they poured both the demi-glaze and tomato sauce on top :D 

Phew...I just realized how much I'd eaten in the last couple of days. Anyways, this afternoon, I went back to Harajuku for KyushuJyangara Ramen. This place is so legendary among tourists that they had English, Mandarin, Korean and Thai menus! Again, I ordered their Signature Ramen, which comes with generous servings of Chashu, Bamboo Shoots, Mentaiko (spicy cod roe) and Egg. Ramen 38 is nothing compared to this!


No comments:

Post a Comment