Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Sartorialist Encounter

After 1.5 months of being cut off from the world, I'm finally back online! Been itching to share some exciting experiences with you but the most exciting one has to be my meeting Scott Schuman a.k.a The Sartorialist. He was here for an event with United Arrows but made time to do a book signing the next day. I don't have his book with me so I made him sign my Moleskin instead. In any case, he was very friendly and unpretentious 'coz you know I hate fashion people who feel like they always have to include fashion terminologies in their everyday interaction with people. He made it a point to compliment everyone who had come to meet him (he liked my Jeffry Tan shoes :D) 






I told him about how much my colleagues at Femina adore his work, especially my editor-at-large who visits his blog at least 3 times a day :P I also told him about Jakarta Fashion Week. To my surprise, he actually said he would love to come if transport and accommodation were to be provided. Ehem ehem nudge nudge!!!

To be completely honest, I haven't felt too excited about the fashion situation here. Of course if you hang out only in Shibuya/Harajuku, you'll find a thoroughly different specimen of stylish beings but the common Japanese in general are pretty so-so. They're super trend-oriented even if the trend is questionable. I haven't taken pictures because I just can't be bothered but everyone seems to be brainwashed into believing that floral-print jersey jumpsuit paired with straw hats ala Anne of The Green Gables is a foolproof combo. 

On a more positive note, I'm absolutely obsessed with the Opening Ceremony flagship in Shibuya. 7 mouthwatering storeys stocked with the most kick-ass labels including my personal favorite Boy by Band of Outsiders!!! The visual merchandising is mind blowing. Each floor has its own theme!!! Too bad I'm not allowed to take pics :( 




Oh and they sell San Francisco's Blue Bottle Coffee at their Potluck Cafe :D

No comments:

Post a Comment